Thu, 12/05/2019 – 11:01
Following the constant evolution of the capital market regulations, a vast majority of the financial activity is done via execution platforms, i.e. a couple of market utilities vastly used by Murex clients.
This applies to all asset classes; one utility being usually specialized in one or two asset classes.
As a result, being able to integrate this activity into Murex integrating platform is key.
FIX Trading Community™ is the non-profit, industry-driven standards body at the heart of global trading.
The organisation is independent and neutral, dedicated to addressing real business and regulatory issues impacting multi-asset trading in global markets through standardisation, delivering operational efficiency, increased transparency, and reduced costs and risks for all market participants.
FIX Orchestra was conceived as machine readable rules of engagement between counterparties. As such, it is a standard for exchange of metadata about the behaviour of FIX applications. Orchestra is intended to cut time to onboard counterparties and improve accuracy of implementations.
The PES-Operations (Product Evolution Services – Operations) team is responsible for the solution offered to MX platform customers dealing with back office operations like confirmation, settlement, regulatory reporting, interfacing to the external systems, clearing, matching, accounting and more. Several dozen customers use this solution.
The activity of the team includes the analysis of customer requests and market evolutions, the development of new functionalities, the help to deploy these new products to customers as well as the correction of the problems encountered in production by the customers. on the whole solution. The team is associated with a team of developers with whom it collaborates to carry out these activities.
When you join the team, you will be trained by the members to acquire the below skills:
- Introduction to capital market
- FIX Protocol basics
- FIX at Murex
Following this training you will lead a proof of concept around FIX orchestra to determine this standard solution is matured enough to be used at a production scale. In order to achieve these goals, you will work on the below tasks with the team members:
- Understand how the FIX protocol is used at Murex
- Understand the business flows supported by the FIX protocols: pre-trade/post-trade flows
- Attend the FIX Orchestra working Group with FIX members
- Attend FIX Trading Event when it is required
- Contribute to FIX Orchestra: documentation, examples, code snippet
- Prepare a proof of concept:
– Conclusions: benefits/Drawbacks using FIX Orchestra
– Where it can be applied
- Currently in the last year of engineering school or university master’s degree
- You are very interested in finance and IT environments
- Dynamic, rigorous, enthusiastic, with interpersonal skills, you are able to work in a team and adapt to a variety of environments.
- Your level of English and your international openness are necessary to carry out the missions entrusted
Duration and start date :
As soon as possible, 5-6 months.
Murex is a recognized global leader in software development for trading, risk management and processing. Everyday banks, asset managers, corporations and utilities, across the world, rely on Murex people and Murex solutions to support their capital markets activities. Our motto “pioneering again” sums it all up: since its creation, Murex has reinvented itself time and again to adapt to capital markets revolutions – each time offering innovative software solutions to the industry.
Over 2200 specialists are located across our 17 offices: Beijing, Beirut, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Moscow, New York, Paris, Sao Paulo, Santiago, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto.